How to play guide for Warscrap
|This article is a stub. You can help Warscrap Wiki by .|
This page will serve as a basic How to play guide for Warscrap. While there is very little information available at this time, we urge you to check back often, as new information is being added all the time! Feel free to edit this guide with any tips, tricks, and suggestions.
Basic gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Earn Cores + XP by defeating the invading machine race while defending the core reactors!
- Defending and Repairing Reactors will provide Core and XP Bonuses!
- Use Cores to unlock weapons and items in the shops!
- Register / Login to compete for the highest ranks on the leaderboard! (*Note: Only your highest score of XP earned will be saved)
- If you die, you lose purchased weapons, and XP earned (*But Cores remain for current game session). Try to Survive for as long as possible!
- Beware of rogue players! Not everyone wants to play nice...
Controls[edit | edit source]
- Movement: [W], [A], [S], [D]
- Jump: [Space]
- Attack: [Left Click]
- Zoom / Aim: [Right Click]
- Cycle Weapons: [Mouse Scroll], [Right Click], or  Key
- Action: [E]
- Chat: [Enter]
- Pause / Options: [P]
- Mouse Lock / Unlock: [L]
Tips and tricks[edit | edit source]
Please note that this is my personal opinion. If you have some other ideas, add them to mine.
Here are some tips:
- When shooting enemies, try strafing around them. Being AI's, they can't predict your movement.
- I don't know why, after shooting with the machinegun on top of the cars, when you go on foot again, reloading takes much more time.
So try to use a car only for driving or stay in the secondary seat.
- Don't go taking the raid boss head on. His machinegun combined with rockets will melt your health in less than 5 seconds. If you can, always hide behind a rock so you can avoid any damage.
I suggest having the regeneration buff first, which costs 350 cores.
- The RPG (600 cores) and the Crossbow (450 cores) are pretty much the best guns in the game. If you find it hard to straight up farm that many cores, buy a shotgun (150 cores) first.
After or before buying one of theese guns, get the regeneration item (350 cores).
- I find it easy to farm cores by hopping in a car and runnig over as many opponents as possible. Be sure to pick up the drops.
- If you have a good gun and a whole lot of cores, buy 100 score for 60 cores.
This is an easy way to get a new highscore.
- Having low health, you should't kamikaze in all the incoming mobs. Play smart. Wait for your teammates to kill enemies untill you get some health drops.
- Maybe you knew it, maybe you didn't, but aim for the head. As in all shooter games, a headshot does x2 damage. It may be hard at first, but with some practice you're going to get it sooner or later.
- Lately, I noticed many players dying when getting the raid boss drop. If you have less than half your health or even close to that when the boss is killed, wait for the explosion to happen (the corpse of the boss explodes and does 50 damage), then safely get the drop of ammo and 500 cores. Also when the boss is on very low health, be close to the area where he spawns so you also get the 1000 XP bonus.
- Don't waste your cores on going rogue. Untill a recent update, the cost for this "bonus" was 50 cores, now it's 300. You won't be able to survive for very long.
Though it's a good way to end your game if you have to go. :D
PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW TO GO ROUGE!!THX!!
I shall be back with more tips soon enough.