How to play guide for Warscrap
|This article is a stub. You can help Warscrap Wiki by .|
This page will serve as a basic How to play guide for Warscrap. While there is very little information available at this time, we urge you to check back often, as new information is being added all the time! Feel free to edit this guide with any tips, tricks, and suggestions.
Basic gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Earn Cores + XP by defeating the invading machine race while defending the core reactors!
- Defending and Repairing Reactors will provide Core and XP Bonuses!
- Use Cores to unlock weapons and items in the shops!
- Register / Lodgin to compete for the highest ranks on the leaderboard! (*Note: Only your highest score of XP earned will be saved)
- If you die, you lose purchased weapons, and XP earned (*But Cores remain for current game session). Try to Survive for as long as possible!
- Beware of rogue players! Not everyone wants to play nice...
Controls[edit | edit source]
- Movement: [W], [A], [S], [D]
- Jump: [Space]
- Attack: [Left Click]
- Zoom / Aim: [Right Click]
- Cycle Weapons: [Mouse Scroll], [Right Click], or  Key
- Action: [E]
- Chat: [Enter]
- Pause / Options: [P]
- Mouse Lock / Unlock: [L]
Tips and tricks[edit | edit source]
Please note that this is my personal opinion. If you have some other ideas, add them to mine.
Here are some tips:
- When shooting enemies, dtry strafing around them. Being AI's, they can't predict your movement.
- I don't know why, after shooting with the machinegun on top of the cars, when you go on foot again, reloading takes much more time.
So try to use a car only for driving or stay in the secondary seat.
- If you're going to use the machine gun mounted on the jeep, follow these steps:
- Pick a spot that provides decent cover, high ground, and a large vantage point (I recommend the open area between the Lookout and Garden for base generator defense, it's called the Lookout for a reason)
- Obtain a jeep and bring it to the area
- Adjust the jeep's aim so that it points toward the area you want to pummel with fire
- Keep in mind that the turret only turns about 60 degrees in both ways, and can't fire at extreme angles upwards and downwards.
- Get a teammate (preferably with a close range/automatic weapon) to cover your blind spots so that bots can't sneak up on you. Blind spots include:
- Directly in front of the jeep
- Directly on the sides of the jeep
- Directly behind the jeep
- Beneath and above the jeep's line of fire
- Anywhere beyond the 120 degrees of rotation for the machine gun
- When firing at bots, taking them out in this order is best to avoid being swarmed(higher = WILL give you more trouble)
- Large, gray bots (the ones with RPGs)
- Small, gray bots (the ones with red machine guns)
- Large brown bots
- Small brown bots (the ones with machine guns)
- Sword bots
- Kamikaze bots (tiny little ones that blow up in proximity to a player)
- NEVER use a machine gun against the raid boss UNLESS there are 5-6 people assaulting it AND you have a teammate to cover your blind spots. He can take you out with barely three rockets.
- Don't go taking the raid boss head on. His machinegun combined with rockets will melt your health in less than 5 seconds. If you can, always hide behind a rock so you can avoid any damage.
I suggest having the regeneration buff first, which costs 350 cores.
- The RPG (e600 cores) and the Crossbow (450 cores) are pretty much the best guns in the game. If you find it hard to straight up farm that many cores, buy a shotgunds (150 cores) first.
After or before buying one of theese guns, get the regeneration item (350 cores).
- I find it easy to farm cores by hopping in a car and runnig over as many opponents as possible. Be sure to pick up the drops.
- If you have a good gun and a whole lot of cores, buy 100 score for 60 cores.
This is an easy way to get a new highscore.
- Having low health, you should't kamikaze idn all the incoming mobs. Play smart. Wait for your teammates to kill enemies untill you get some health drops.
- Maybe you knew it, maybe you didn't, but aim for the head. As in all shooter games, a headshot does x2 damage. It may be hard at first, but with some practice you're going to get it sooner or later.
- Lately, I noticed many players dying when getting the raid boss drop. If you have less than half your health or even close to that when the boss is killed, wait for the explosion to happen (the corpse of the boss explodes and does 50 damage), then safely get the drop of ammo and 500 cores. Also when the boss is on very low health, be close to the area where he spawns so you also get the 1000 XP bonus.
- Don't waste your cores on going rogue. Untill a recent update, the cost for this "bonus" was 50 cores, now it's 300. You won't be able to survive for very long OP.
Though it's a good way to end your game if you have to go. :D
PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW TO GO ROUGE!!THX!!
I shall be back with more tips soon enough.